Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is that Kyle Korver? Yes it is...

Well we've finally got a reason for our first blog post. Lauren, Lindsey's sister, is a Creighton University Alumni and the Alumni Association hosted a Utah Jazz party for the March 8, 2008 game versus the Denver Nuggets. This was because of Kyle Korver being a Creighton Alumni as well. We sat in a suite and they fed us dinner and all the pop, nachos and popcorn we could eat.

At half time, Malachi and I went down to FANZZ to buy something for Kyle to sign because we had a sneaking suspicion Korver would make a surprise appearance to his fellow Alumni. So we picked up some framed pictures of Korver, which the actual picture slid out so it could be signed. Mal ended up winning a Korver jersey in a raffle after the game as well. The Jazz whooped up on Denver, 132-105 and Korver played well hitting 2 shots from 3-point land with 12 points on the night. It was a great game, especially because we can't stand the Thuggets.

After the game we were packing up to go home, and we were suddenly rushed down to the concourse, they had arranged for us to meet K2! It... was.... AWESOME! They took us down by the locker rooms and he came out to meet us. We shook his hand, he signed our plaques and then took some pictures with us. Unfortunately the picture with Mal and I didn't turn out that great, but it was good enough! Linds and Lauren were head over heels for this guy, so we weren't allowed to be in the picture with them. Hmmm... should Mal and I be worried? Linds is leaning a little too close for comfort and Lauren is holding Kyle’s hand...It was a really fun night and as HU
GE Jazz fans, it was amazing.

Much thanks to Lauren for graduating for Creighton and letting us tag along! Now we just need to get invited to the Duke and Illinois alumni nights!

Kyle was mad I was wearing AK's jersy and not his...

Easy Kyle, they're both married...

9 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

Congrats on getting a blog! We're so thrilled we get to read all about what's going on inyour lives. That is really cool that you got to meet Korver. Looks like it was really fun. I'm also excited that I get to be the first one to post a comment on your blog :)

Tiffany said...

Im glad you guys are blogging (Tara told me :) ). We'll be the second to comment.

SIMPLY SACKOLWITZ said...

Hello my friends! That's totally cool that you met Kyle Korver, I completely forgot to ask you about that game!

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

Man am I jealous! Kyle Korver...my heart skips a beat, a hottie and am amazing shooter- you guys are so LUCKY! I have too started a blog-Nate I need your help! This is so awesome! Luv ya!

Paul and Catherine

Skye said...

Lucky!!! He is so gorgeous. I'm so excited you got a blog, it's so much easier to keep in touch!

Melissa said...

so this is Melissa's husband, Jefferson - I am SO jealous! I am also a die-hard jazz fan (i HAD to have league pass - even have a customized jersey with my name on the back)! Glad to have K2 helping out (I'm in law school at another jesuit school 'Zaga)!

Take care and cheer loud come playoffs!

Jefferson

Stephenson and Katie said...

YAY blog!!! And I love that Nate runs it instead of Lindsey... JEALOUS that you met Kyle Korver! He's so hot!! (Shhhh don't tell stephenson!)

ariel said...

found your blog! i am so jealous that you stood by kyle. he's suuuuper good looking :)

by the way i had never seen that video and i about DIED laughing! wow! thanks for the entertainment!

ariel said...

oh and P.S. Nate, way to get up there and bear your testimony! i almost ratted you out while i was up there... you can thank me later.

Go Whiteboy

This is a classic, you've probably seen it, but it never gets old!